Chilluminati

North America Psytrance

Twlight Journey – Almost done… – Suomi (150bpm)

Forums Music Music Promotion and Discussion Twlight Journey – Almost done… – Suomi (150bpm)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Check it out. Leave your comments. Enjoy the flight.

Latest Version.
    Creative Commons.
    Comments please. 🙂

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fmntdmhmtnz/Twilight Journey v4 – Seku.mp3

l_8a961cf8d6ea45db97c27c4b1669c8c8.jpg

#231087 Reply

sweeeeeeeeeet, looking forward to this.  downloading

#231088 Reply

Cool direction.

Constructive criticism:
    -Less repeating of short bits of vocal sampling near the beginning.
    -Fatter, moar prominent bass throughout.
    -At times, you kinda “lost me”. With psy, I usually take that to mean the track may not be driving enough, though that may have been your intention.
    -Could use a theme change-up towards the latter part of the track.
    -A less abrupt ending would be nice.

Cool melodies throughout! There's *definitely* lots of potential here, I hope you keep at it. It was cool to see this morph genres.

#231089 Reply

Cool direction.

Constructive criticism:
    -Less repeating of short bits of vocal sampling near the beginning.
    -Fatter, moar prominent bass throughout.
    -At times, you kinda “lost me”. With psy, I usually take that to mean the track may not be driving enough, though that may have been your intention.
    -Could use a theme change-up towards the latter part of the track.
    -A less abrupt ending would be nice.

Cool melodies throughout! There's *definitely* lots of potential here, I hope you keep at it. It was cool to see this morph genres.

Ill call you later when im working on it again today. Curious what you mean about a few things. And the intention was to make you feel lost at certain points, still needs to be cleaned up in those sections though.

and as for the ending, i was planning on adding more on still.

#231090 Reply

Ascension
    Keymaster

Your bass needs more low-end presence. I think if you're gonna have that much movement in the bass you should have more variations as well.

I liked the confusing use of lyrics- how they came in and out and were sort of hard to understand, but still stood out.

The entrance into the break around 3:40 sounds a bit off, probably could do without the last kick roll.

I know what Leo is talking about with being lost, but I think this is just how suomi is. There's definitely a feeling of confusion starting around 4:30 where the sequence that sounds pretty random takes over most of the sound. You could lightly sidechain compress that lead to an fx if you want some of the other sounds to come through more.

#231091 Reply

ok crapload of changes see the first post.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Twlight Journey – Almost done… – Suomi (150bpm)
Your information: